Wednesday, 9 April 2008

love is no excuse for bad art


Okay, I'm still in essay hell so forgive a general lack of composure. Taking a time out for a bit of a remix special. Firstly, we have Sebastien Tellier and the remixes for his new single, Divine. Reworking the track are Aussie electro rockers, Midnight Juggernauts, with a typically downtempo take on the song that I think would be just perfect for a European festival in a dance tent at about 5am, when everything starts to get a bit hazy. On the flipside, we have Danger with a absolute stonker of a remix! Glitchy, drawn out, it takes all the Beach Boys style pop sensibilities of the original and makes it that little bit more suitable for dirty dancefloors everywhere. With this remix, I think Danger demonstrates amply why he is the hottest electro prospect to come out of France since Justice. Single will be out in May on Record Makers in Europe and on iTunes and on Lucky Number in the UK to coincide with Tellier taking Belgrade by storm for the Eurovision. I hope he wins.


Sebastien Tellier - Divine (Midnight Juggernauts remix)
Sebastien Tellier - Divine (Danger remix)








visit Tellier myspace
///buy Sexuality

Right, before the remixes continue, a brief word about Esser. His track, I Love You, is coming out in soon Merok. Recently supported Foals. I like this song a lot, especially the ending which I don't think takes itself very seriously.

Esser - I Love You

I am just way too tired to type really, but the show must go on. Here are some remixes by Boys Noize. Two of the best from the last year, I think you have to say.

Feist - My Moon My Man (Boys Noize remix)
Justice - Phantom PtII (Boys Noize remix)

And last but not least, a Fred Falke mix of the wonderful The Whitest Boy Alive. Got this off the ever wonderful fluokids.

The Whitest Boy Alive - Golden Cage (Fred Falke Remix)


The good times are just around the corner. I have so much stuff to write about, it's obscene.

No comments: