Wednesday, 17 September 2008

one year old! - leaving paris - hey mec!


EDIT: This post just disappeared in very, very weird circumstances. Never happened before. odd.

I have now left Paris. It was probably the best year of my life. So here are a couple of songs all about Paris that sum up my feeling towards to the city. Like a morning, afternoon, evening track thing. It's self-explanatory I think, but if I were to elaborate I would say it captures the dreamy, romantic side that is a big cliché but at the same time it really isn't.

chanson pour le matin :





Patrick Wolf - Paris

chanson pour l'apres-midi / apero :





Ladyhawke - Paris is Burning

chanson pour le soir:





Friendly Fires - Paris

note: everybody knows it's all about fleche d'or not club showcase. note to any future dreamy synth songwriters out there.


Et aussi, peut-etre certains de vous se souviennent le post sur Mirwais. donc, voici un chanson de son projet super ancien.

chanson pour le grec a 3h du mat a la rue faubourg montmartre:





Taxi Girl - Paris


une chanson derniere pour toutes les gars et les filles on va jamais voir encore. This sums up the whole year abroad in a way for me.





Lykke Li - Breaking It Up


p.s. thanks for the all the people that have been reading this over the last year. if my laptop doesn't break as much, expect it to get even better. i still don't know what I really want this to be like, so expect changes.

to celebrate, I've decided to have a competition. the prize is a signed seven inch single of Late of the Pier's Bathroom Gurgle (uber-rare kids...even though the re-release is imminent). The mystery is though, it's only signed by one of the members as I couldn't find the others and I wanted to go back to the pub. You have to guess which one it is

is it
a) Faley
b) Samuel Dust
c) Ross
d) Potter

to find out the answer, you'll have to look at the following image upside down. send an email with the subject title 'lotp comp' to shatsatcomp@gmail.com. I shall pick a winner at random.
Then tell you all about the Pure Groove instore and my verdict on the album. Then I will try to never talk about them again as I think I've over done it.



video:



p.p.s. if you have any other tracks about Paris, let me know. I'd like to know. I think it'd be good to know. I think we should all know. Back in London on the weekend. Bring on the onslaught of gigs and good times. and pubs. I have missed the pub.


No comments: