Wednesday, 29 October 2008

loverman: my trick is i don't die


Loverman seethe. Theirs is the sound of a demon dancing on your roof about to swing through the window and burn the place to the ground. Over a misunderstanding, I'm sure. Tension winds itself tighter and tighter around guitar licks that can't contain it any longer, they explode. Anger slowly filling up the singer's jaw, oozing out in a series of couplets laced with vicious oxymorons. Calm checks in, but it doesn't stay the night.

Loverman - My Trick Is I Don't Die





///visit their myspace///website

Loverman have a single out on Young and Lost on November 17th. It's called Crucifiction. If my record player isn't working by then, I'm going to throw it out the window. The track above would make a fine B-side, but you can find it also on the Strummerville compilation, which contains some of the best tracks I've heard all year.

No comments: