Wednesday, 28 January 2009

animal collective : daily routine


///written by R.F. Boothroyd

The volume of Merriweather Post Pavillion reviews floating around at the moment is titan, and most if not all of them are gushing in their praise. The hype surrounding Animal Collective's 'pop' album is extraordinary, and on first listen, I wasn't sure whether it's deserved; I found it challenging, discordant and occasionally haphazard in its delivery. On second listen my ear began to tune to Animal Collective's skewed way of thinking; and on third listen, at a moment which I originally thought was the weakest moment on the record, where I wanted the song to click back into its groove but it flatly refused, the album suddenly made sense. I had the volume full blast, the sun was out, and the beautiful, washing outro to Daily Routine clicked. Perhaps it was this which made me miss the HUGE RED post-box right in front of me. I swerved at the last minute, joyous that my nose wouldn't be broken for a third time.

Animal Collective - Daily Routine





///editorial
This became the moment where Robin built a personal relationship with the album, which neutralized the hype, and thus enabled him to appreciate it on his own terms. He wants you to listen to this track, but if you buy the album, search for that personal moment to really make it your own. I prefer to make tiny scratches on the boxes so nobody else wants them. My personal favourite on this album is Bluish. It makes me feel lightheaded and oneiric, as if I'm slowly losing control and getting lost in those curls. Listen to it over on hypem here. Buy the album below. Rough Trade have a free mix offer as well.

Merriweather Post Pavilion (Amazon)

1 comment:

Bruce said...

Today,we are proud to announce the launch of the new wedding support service sell ffxi gil,packed with features sure to sell ffxi gils delight adventurers across Vana'diel looking to exchange eternal vows with their beloved!Responding to player demands for greater customization,the new service will grant brides and grooms freedom in choosing location,timing,dialogue,and sell Final Fantasy XI Gil more for their ceremony,allowing them to create a truly memorable event all their own.Information on all the features,including in-game sell ffxi gil item vendors and wedding certificates,can be found on the new wedding support site,so head on over sell ffxi gils and get started planning the wedding of your dreams sell Final Fantasy XIGil!