Monday, 30 March 2009

don't need you....i want you


Vinyl birthday presents are the best kind of birthday presents. Recently bumping and grinding its way around my excuse for a record player is the above bad boy. Notable for the flip side - a remix of Romantic Rights by Girls Are Short. It could have emerged from any self-respecting filter-disco outlet of the golden period of the last twenty. I long to actually know the technical term for when the sound emerges from underwater, gets out the pool and shakes it's booty all the way to the bar for a mojito. I think I used to know, but I'm fragile at the time of writing so I implore somebody in the know to put me there. Show me a deck and I'd know, I know I'd know. You know I'd know.

Anyway, one half of Girls Are Short (Alex) went on to wrest Jesse away from DFA79 and start MSTRKRFT. I'd like to think he just sat the guy down in the room and played this on repeat until he relented.

The real reason I'm posting this is because you should track down this vinyl and own it. It's from the pre-79 days, before James Murphy decided there wasn't room in this world for two another DFA. I wish I'd actually got into DFA79 before I saw them live, as that show (support by Metric and Test Icicles) is one I long to reattend. My memory bank just reads dirty and violent.

En plus, Pure Groove aka 679 Recordings (sorta) have just reprinted You're A Woman, I'm A Machine on pink wax. If I'd known they were going to do this a year ago, I wouldn't have ordered it from Last Gang. Upon arriving, the wax was black. I was crushed like a fly. Don't make the same mistake as me. Act fast.

Death From Above 1979 - Romantic Rights (Girls Are Short remix)





////buy sexy pink vinyl from Pure Groove and don't make the same mistake as me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When the Wow Gold wolf finally found the Buy Wow Goldhole in the chimney he crawled wow gold cheap down and KERSPLASH right into that kettle of water and that was cheapest wow gold the end of his troubles with the big bad wolf.

game4power,buy cheap wow gold
WOW GOLD

The next day the cheap wow gold buy gold wow little pig invited his mother over . She said "You see it is just as I told you. The way to wow goldget along in the world is to do world of warcraft gold things as well as you can." Fortunately for that little pig, he cheapest wow gold learned that lesson. And he just lived happily ever after!