Saturday, 19 September 2009

yaarrgh.



Today is International Talk Like A Pirate Day.
Talking like a pirate is something I stopped doing after the novelty wore off
in the twilight of my teenage years. Or perhaps it was because I liked the first Pirates of the Caribbean film and the others were poor. There's still a pirate-shaped gap in my life though and to day I'm going to fill it with Penfold Gate.

Penfold Gate - Pirates






Emerging from a rollicking rocky intro is a chorus that soars and dances across the sails and up the mast in the back of your mind. Cling to it in the realisable hope that these young tyros from Loughborough have more like it in their locker. It's a trump card.

2 comments:

Mark said...

whatch this space, there's lots more to come from Penfold Gate, they are genius!!!

Anonymous said...

This band is GREAT! can't stop listening to this track!

cheers G.