Wednesday, 14 October 2009

he was always the more youthful looking crook


MillionYoung comes flying through the windows of my gmail inbox.
He lands in a wet heap on the floor. Glass everywhere but I don't mind.
His surfboard is broken in two.
"I've come all the way from Florida", he says, "I figured it was about time you started posting stuff way off the beaten track."

I made him a cup of tea and whilst I was waiting for the kettle to boil, he pulls out a handetched triangular purple transparent vinyl from his wetsuit.
"Where is your record player, buddy?"

The kettle clicks.
"Right by the stairs, Mike", I say handing him a cup of Earl Grey.
I didn't think to ask how he took it.

MillionYoung - Chlorophyl





"This is nice man." I tell him.
"I know." he replies.

It finishes. We listen to the other side of the Sunndreamm EP.

MillionYoung - Hammock





It supersedes Chlorophyl with ease.
"I'm impressed. Definitely gonna post this."
"Cheers...that sounds swell. Just one thing I wanted to ask you though man."

"Why have you put milk in my Earl Grey?"


That's just how I roll. I wish the above actually happened yesterday as it would have been far more interesting then describing how I downloaded in my pyjamas. Then grinning an hour later in manic fashion at my fellow commuters before closing my eyes and drifting off. Fans of Washed Out and anything blissed out will probably go all cross-eyed and gooey to this.

Finish the story in your head by downloading the rest of the Sunndreamm EP over at MillionYoung's tumblr.

-


No comments: