Tuesday, 23 February 2010

join the queue


I saw in the new year at Sosho at a basement party thrown by Pearl Flash.
Italo godfather Casco oversaw proceedings.
The venue is perfect for me.
You always have the space to dance, which makes for a great atmosphere.
The music I remember being as inspiring as the space itself,
even if the only track I can remember is a Billie Jean disco instrumental.

Casey and Fred Gazebo, the two wise heads behind the soirée, are thankfully just as adept at making tunes as they are at playing them. Along with Gumbo Stoop, they make up Luxury Living. Gloriously, decadent disco-pop is their calling card. Watch out for their upcoming remix of Something I'm Not by Penguin Prison. The group play live at the Queen of Hoxton on March 6th before curating a new club night, Fancy.