Friday, 5 March 2010

forever on the shelf


The wakeup call you didn't pick up. Bleary-eyed, sun dancing on the grass in the park. I'm dragging my weary limbs through the motions, like a moth crawling towards torchlight. I don't take my headphones because I'm going to swim. I'd only get them wet or covered in changing room dirt water. I don't need them when I can think of this.

Refreshing and shivery, it's nice sometimes to spend the first few hours of a day without saying a single word to anyone. Apart from the necessary at-the-counter chat that really doesn't matter. Worries aren't really worries until you have to put them into words.

King Post Kitsch - Fante's Last Stand





This track by King Post Kitsch is an elixir of sorts for uncaring mornings where the space in between your ears is all you need. Head on over to bandcamp where you can download an EP in whatever format you possibly desire. All the tracks cover you in this warm, steady embrace before embellishments hint at a certain groove, not fully developed yet. Needless to say I can't wait for this kid to let his hair down.

No comments: