Saturday, 31 July 2010

D/R/U/G/S/talk


So working backwards. About forty-five minutes before this interview with Blondes at Spanky Van Dykes, I had a chat with George and Cal about D/R/U/G/S. The reason this interview is shorter is because after three minutes, we decided it was time to chase the dragon. Obviously. In fact, I took the above picture after we all got really high. D/R/U/G/S can do that to people.

What’s been your worst drug moment?
C: Nothing spectacular, just standard horrible comedowns. We’re not like massive crackheads. Some girl did give me crack to smoke last year, by accident though, I thought it was just a bong of weed. That was horrible. Never again.

G: First time on MD, didn’t know how much to take.
Ended up bombing a whole gram of really strong stuff. I lost my mind.

C: That was bad.
G: Felt like I was in……what d’ya call it?...that film
C: What film?
G: With Johnny Depp?

J: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?
C: Oh right!
G: Some of the things I saw that night!

Cliché, but drugs. all about euphoria and paranoia no?

C: It’s an unnatural high, the whole Buddhist way of thinking is pretty accurate. It is harming the body, ‘cause you’re achieving an unnatural high and the whole point of the band...why we picked the band name ‘cause you wanna achieve that natural high without using drugs. You can actually do that through music. I’ve had moments like that, specific moments.

J:Transcendental.

G: We’ve not named it because we love drugs.
C: That’s the reaction we tend to get, which is understandable.
G: It does seem like an obvious band name!

I’m more intrigued as to why you use the slashes?

C: Oh yeah?
G: So it can be googled.
C: Solely just to google it
G: If you google drugs, what you gonna get?
G: Ten million responses, you won’t find us.
G: It’s just a visual aesthetic to make it stand out. Probably change it to dots soon.

Love / Lust flickers in a way I find agreeable.
D/R/U/G/S/ - Love /Lust






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome piece - currently looking after Posies, Beck, Heathers etc. but can't find a contact address on your site, could you drop us a line? info@prescriptionpr.co.uk Ta!